Fees & Taxes
Recording Fees (Sec. 7-34a)
- $60.00 first page, $5.00 each subsequent page or portion thereof**
- ** Exception: Recording of documents by a Nominee of a Mortgage (i.e., MERS) : $159.00 Flat Recording fee if Nominee is Grantor; $159.00 for first page, $5.00 each subsequent page or portion thereof if Nominee is Grantee)
- $2.00 each transfer of property reportable to State.
- $5.00 if current mailing address of grantee not given.
- $1.00 if names of those executing, witnessing and acknowledging are not typed or printed under signature.
- $1.00 for each marginal notation of assignment subsequent to the first two
- $20.00 to file Maps
- $30.00 to file Maps of subdivisions of 3 or more parcels
Conveyance Tax (Sec. 12-494)
- Residential property and unimproved land: .0075 x consideration
- Residential dwelling over $800,000: .0075 x $800,000 + .01 x amount over $800,000
- Non-residential except unimproved land: .01 x consideration
- All categories: .0025 x consideration
Copy and Certification Fees
- Copies of documents $1.00/page
- Use of battery-powered scanner: $20.00/occasion
- Certifying documents or maps: $2.00 each
- Copies of maps: $3.00 (small) $5.00 (large)
- Copies of minutes: $.50/page