Senior Bus Transportation
Bus transportation within Wolcott and the Greater Waterbury area is available. Don’t be stranded, let us help you get where you need to go — Doctor visits, Hospitals, Banks, Waterbury’s Brass City Mall (Monday’s and Friday’s ONLY), Wolcott Public Library and of course, the Wolcott Senior Center. You must be 60 years of age or older or disabled (our bus is wheelchair accessible) to use this service.
Please Be Advised: Due to an increase in bus activity we now require 48 hours’ notice when scheduling bus service.
Please give us ample notice of times and dates of your appointments.
Emergency appointments will be assessed as your need may arise.
Regarding doctor’s appointments, we will do our best to accommodate you. Pick up times begin at 10:30AM and we ask your appointment be complete no later than 2:00PM
- Please call for reservations at 203-879-2078
- Cancellations should be made before 8:30 A.M. on the morning the appointment is scheduled for.
Senior Bus Pick-up times are estimates-only and will vary depending upon how many people are scheduled for that day. Please allow 15 minutes prior to and after your scheduled pickup time for the bus to arrive.
- 9:45am – 10:15am – Morning pick-up time for morning runs
- 11:00am – 11:15am – Lunch pick-up time for lunch at the Senior Center
- 12:30pm – 1:00pm – Afternoon pick-up time for afternoon runs
- 1:00pm – 1:30pm – Pick up at Brass City, Stop and Shop etc. depending on which scheduled day it is
- 3:00pm – 3:30pm – Pick up time as noted above
RULES FOR USING THE SENIOR BUS TRANSPORTATION
While we strive to be as accommodating to everyone as possible, there are rules that we expect all riders of the Senior Bus Transportation to follow. They are:
- The bus does not enter private driveways
- All passengers must be able to get to and from, on and off the bus on their own. The driver is not trained to assist passengers
- The driver will operate the wheelchair lift, but cannot assist passengers to and from the bus, or onto chair lift. The Driver is only responsible for operating controls to the wheelchair lift and strapping Rider’s chair inside the bus.
- The bus can accommodate collapsible walkers only
- All riders must be ready, on time, for pick up
- You must advise the driver if you are making other arrangements for your return trip
- Doctor appointments take precedence over shopping etc.
- Riders can bring only the packages they can carry on their own
- If you are not at the assigned pick-up point when the bus arrives, the bus will only wait 10 minutes. If you miss the bus, it is your responsibility to obtain transportation home.
- There is to be NO SMOKING of any kind on the bus.
- We accommodate passengers traveling with service animals.
- We accommodate passengers with allergies to certified service animals.
- Bus pick up is at end of driveway.
- We accommodate passengers traveling with respirators and portable oxygen
GRIEVANCE PROCEDURE / COMPLAINT FORM
Grievances must be made in writing using the official complaint form and sent to the following:
Charles Rietdyke Senior Center
211 Nichols Rd
Wolcott, CT 06716
Town of Wolcott, Municipal Agent, Attention Mary Morrone
154 Center St
Wolcott, CT 06716
Town of Wolcott, Mayor Thomas Dunn
10 Kenea Ave
Wolcott, CT 06716
SENIOR HOUSING PICK-UP LOCATIONS
The Senior Bus Transportation does pick up directly at the Senior Housing locations listed below:
- Wolf Hill Senior Housing Complex
- Chestnut Hill Housing Complex
Bad weather such as ice or snow can affect the bus schedule.
- Please watch your local news stations for information on closings or delays.
- WTNH (ABC)
- WFSB (CBS)
- WVIT (NBC)
- If the weather turns inclement, the driver will pick up early. The driver will advise you of this possibility.
ALTERNATIVE TRANSPORTATION SERVICES
Dial A Ride: Bus Service is available on Fridays only by appointment Call (203) 879-2078 on Monday or Tuesday for Friday pickup.
Be well: Bus Service is available to patients of doctors affiliated with Waterbury Hospital. Please call (203) 573-7711 for more information regarding this service.