Recycling Center Information
If you plan to bring material to the Wolcott Recycling Center at 48 Todd Road, be sure to have a driver's license confirming your address. Unfortunately, not everything can be accepted at the Recycling Center. The following are links to give you an idea of what can be brought down and the estimated costs.
- Recycling Center Regulations (PDF)
- Town of Wolcott - A Guide to Recycling (PDF)
- Town of Wolcott Recycling Center Fees (PDF)
- Household Hazardous Waste and Paint Collection (PDF)
- Leaf Disposal Sundays November 2023 (PDF)
The Town of Wolcott encourages our residents to always think about our environment and to recycle whenever possible. Each household within the Town of Wolcott is responsible for properly recycling various materials, many of which can be put out at the curbside. If you need curbside recycling containers, they can be picked up at the Recycling Center Office. The following is a link to Curbside Trash & Recycling Pick-Up information.
- List of items that can be put out curbside, Recycling guide (PDF)
Household Hazardous Waste Collections
Several times each year, the Naugatuck Valley Council of Governments (NVCOG) sponsors Household Hazardous Waste (HHW) collections. Because there are 15 towns within NVCOG, the locations of these collections change from year-to-year. However, as an NVCOG member town, Wolcott residents can go to any of these HHW collection events. In 2023, there are three HHW collection events: April 22 (Middlebury), July 22 (Oxford), and September 23 (Thomaston).
- Collection event of the items you can bring to the HHW collection locations, Acceptable-and-Unacceptable-Items-List (PDF)